Are there impeachable offenses that can be successfully brought against this president?
The Impeach Obama movement has gone viral. It's no longer just an overpass movement. This group has now grown to 40,000 plus members. What's fueling the unexpected growth in this movement?One of the first signs that the group is gaining traction is their national website. It now boasts links to Facebook pages in all 50 states.
They are now considering funding a candidate for 2016. One of the possible reasons for their newly found confidence is the constant discovering of a new Obama administration sandal along with numerous setbacks to the new healthcare act.
has obama committed any impeachable acts against the american people ?
In order for us to take this movement seriously we should first determine if the President has committed any impeachable offenses. So let's consider the following facts:
- the President has appointed a number of people to cabinet level positions without the consent of the U.S. Senate and as a result they are not under the scrutiny of the congress (what's his motive for doing so?)
- despite much debate about his healthcare legislation as well as the Supreme Courts concerns about various aspects of it he used the executive branch to implement this legislature and violated the right to freedom of religion of many organizations
- he implemented key portions of the Cap and Trade bill despite personally acknowledging that this will force energy prices in this country to skyrocket , this was done in defiance of the will of the people and Congress. In addition this action will force many coal burning plants to be closed.
- he has prohibited offshore drilling and exploration off both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of the United States and Mexico. Never mind that several courts orders issued by a federal judge in New Orleans declaring that his DOI had no such authority.
- in a blatant act of disregard for the American people he has provided billions of dollars in loans to countries like Brazil an Mexico so they can drill for oil, and yet American companies are not allowed to do the same (how does this make us independent of these countries for oil?)
- the President has refused to use his authority to enforce the laws of the land against illegal immigration
- the President has violated his oath by joining foreign countries in lawsuits against states like Arizona, Georgia, and Alabama to stop them from enforcing immigration laws
- the President has declared in his infinite wisdom that the Defense of Marriage Act will not be enforced or defended and that it is unconstitutional